Now that my son is getting older, I am getting out of really having to pack a diaper bag. There are some days when I just take my purse and throw in a snack and his water and call it good. However, if I know I’m going to be somewhere for a longer period of time, I do pack a bag to ensure I won’t put myself into a situation where I wish I had a certain item. Before I get into it though, I am going to share my most recommended bag that I think would be great for just about anyone and any age of your child.
I personally love diaper backpacks over a regular bag. I hate having to balance a bag on one shoulder and would much rather be hands free, especially chasing after a 2 year old. However, many backpacks can be ridiculous in price. While I do believe, you get what you pay for, I believe it to an extend. If you look hard enough, you can find a great product with an amazing price point!
This bag has so much to offer and so much room! There are 13 pockets for organization for all essentials. There is a built in charging port and power cable so you can charge your phone on the go. Having your phone charged is important for safety of yourself and child along with wanting to make sure you can capture any moments while on the go. There is a waterproof pocket for any wet clothes along with an insulated pocket for bottles. There is a side pocket for wipes, a must have for any age. The outside fabric of the bag is also water proof so getting caught in the rain won’t mean ruining items inside the bag! Not only that, but stroller straps are also included so you don’t even have to carry the bag when walking if you don’t want to! All around it’s a great product and bag with multiple uses!
What’s Inside My Bag
- Extra Underwear: Now that we are going throw the potty training stage, I always bring an extra pair of underwear just in case. My son is normally very good about not having accidents, but he can also be picky about going in a public restroom. Plus, you never know when your child is going to have to go while stuck in traffic.
- Pair of Clothes: I always bring an extra outfit with me when I leave for a place I am going to be a while. I have already had to do a last minute sleep over with my mom, so after that, I bring clothes just in case. Plus, kids can be messy when eating and playing so it’s always good to have just in case. I don’t normally have to use them, but it never hurts.
- Snacks: I bring snacks EVERYWHERE. Not much is worse than a toddler having a melt down while out in public due to being hungry. I typically bring either gold fish or a Nutrigrain bar just to hold him over until I can get home to a meal.
- Water: I think this is a pretty obvious answer, but there have been a few times I have forgotten to bring water with me, so now I just keep an extra bottle so I don’t forget.
- Travel First Aid Kit: I always, ALWAYS, bring a first aid kit with me. I haven’t had to use it too much for band aids, however, mosquitoes can get pretty bad around here so having cortisone on hand has been important.
- Baby Wipes
- Sanitizing Wipes: If we are going out to eat, I always take sanitizing wipes to clean the table and high chair that my son is going to be sitting in and touching. It never fails that those chairs are dirty and sticky, so this is an important item for me to bring.
That is about what I take with me when I take a bag for my son. This isn’t to include my items like wallet, keys, phone, hand sanitizer, etc.
As always, thank you for reading to the end and don’t forget to hit the follow button on the right side of the screen so you don’t miss any future posts. Don’t forget to check out the other sections of my website listed below.